Breaking News, World News and Taiwan News.
Q&A: Filing Income Tax in Taiwan as a Foreigner 中文
Bookmark options     Print            Email   
Source: Taipei National Tax Administration, Ministry of Finance Last Update: April 16, 2008

12) When is it better to claim a standard deduction and when is it better to claim an itemized
      deduction? 中文

It is better for alien residents of the ROC to claim itemized deductions if the taxpayer is single and the amount of his or her itemized deduction exceeds NT$46,000, or if a couple’s filing amount of itemized deduction exceeds NT$92,000 on their joint income tax return. If the amount of the itemized deduction is less than the above-mentioned figures, or the amount cannot be proved by presentation of the required receipts or certificates, it is better to claim standard deduction.
<< Prev   Q&A Menu   Next >>
Sitemap | Top Stories | Taiwan | China | Business | Asia | World | Sports | Life | Arts & Leisure | Health | Editorial | Commentary | Travel | Movies | TV Listings
Classifieds | Bookstore | Getting Around | Weather | Guide Post | Student Post | Subscribe | Advertise | About Us | Career | Contact Us
Copyright © 1999 – 2016 The China Post. Breaking news from Taiwan, China and the world.
The China Post  Terms of use