Breaking News, World News and Taiwan News.

Taiwanese baseball fans grumble about low-key return for players

TAIPEI, Taiwan -- Sports fans in Taiwan yesterday expressed deep disappointment over the failure to arrange a special return flight from Japan for the nation's baseball team.

Fans labeled the arrangement disrespectful for players and complained that fans were denied the opportunity to give the team a homecoming reception.

Taiwan's Chinese Taipei baseball team reached the final eight in the 2013 World Baseball Classic (WBC) on Saturday, rekindling enthusiasm for baseball in Taiwan, regardless of the fact that the team suffered defeats to rivals South Korea, Japan and Cuba.

Baseball fans sharply criticized the Chinese Taipei Baseball Association (CTBA) after learning that to return to Taiwan from Japan, team members had taken 13 different flights, landing in two separate airports over two days.

Many of them expressed anger for not being able to welcome all of the players in one ceremony.

Fans flooded President Ma Ying-jeou's Facebook page with complaints, prompting a presidential spokesman to issue a statement clarifying that the president had instructed officials at the Ministry of Education (MOE) and the CTBA to address the issue and provide timely explanations.

Some also vented their anger at China Airlines (CAL), one of Taiwan's major air carriers, blasting its inability to provide a special flight for all players to return home at the same time.

Both the MOE, which oversees athletic activities in Taiwan, and the CTBA quickly offered explanations, urging baseball fans to exercise reason and rationality.

They said one factor making the arranging of a special flight for all players and staff difficult was the uncertainty of match outcomes.

Lin Chung-cheng, secretary general of the CTBA, said another factor was that the flight schedules and plane tickets were selected individually by the players themselves.

Lin said the staff of his association had tried their best to meet the various demands of the players.

Some of the players decided to swap their business class tickets for lower-cost economy class seats so that they could save money and take their family members home on the same flights, he added.

He also noted that WBC games and transport services were arranged primarily by the United States' Major League Baseball.

All of the players returning to Taiwan yesterday said they were thrilled by the hundreds of screaming fans waiting for them at the airports.

They said they appreciated the strong support from fans, who showed a reinvigorated confidence in the team.

When asked if they were bothered by the separate flights, players said the important thing was that they had returned home safely.

March 11, 2013    olichu@
Whatever, stop blaming the government and start blaming Taiwanese companies for not sponsoring. If these people want the government to do more, pay more taxes. Stingy citizens beget a stingy government!
March 11, 2013    micheal-one@
olichu@ wrote:
Whatever, stop blaming the government and start blaming Taiwanese companies for not sponsoring. If these people want the government to do more, pay more taxes. Stingy citizens beget a stingy government!
Here - here !!!
March 12, 2013    marialsy@
olichu@ wrote:
Whatever, stop blaming the government and start blaming Taiwanese companies for not sponsoring. If these people want the government to do more, pay more taxes. Stingy citizens beget a stingy government!
Olichu, I agree with you! Good commentary.
March 12, 2013    Upwell@
Asians in general do not worship sports men or women the way the West does. That's very wise and a balanced attitude. After all these people are only entertainers. Life goes on without them. So why get carried away by these groups of sports men or women. The government's attitude reflects that of the people. It's nothing to do with being stingy or otherwise. Bad enough we have people carried away with film stars and singers. Let not add another to that list. Let all them entertain us from time to time but we must not perceive them as extraordinary deserving more attention then they deserve. They are only playing games. Government must use their resources for more deserving purposes such as in health and education. Those who can afford to play games and sports let them do those with their own money.
March 13, 2013    olichu@
Upwell@ wrote:
Asians in general do not worship sports men or women the way the West does. That's very wise and a balanced attitude. After all these people are only entertainers. Life goes on without them. So why get carried away by these groups of sports men or women. The government's attitude reflects that of the people. It's nothing to do with being stingy or otherwise. Bad enough we have people carried away with film stars and singers. Let not add another to that list. Let all them entertain us from time to time but we must not perceive them as extraordinary deserving more attention then they deserve. They are only playing games. Government must use their resources for more deserving purposes such as in health and education. Those who can afford to play games and sports let them do those with their own money.
@upwell...Like I said, the government is representative of the people of Taiwan. At the risk of repeating myself, have Taiwan companies sponsor.

A majority of people in Taiwan don't seem to value the unique talents of athletes. Yet, some of these same citizens bxtch about not having a welcoming party. With that said, there lies the problem. Those that value 'entertainment' and those that don't, with the majority slowly losing their lead.

As an athlete, I resent the fact that you see little value in sports or entertainment, etc. Sports and entertainment is a multi-trillion dollar industry that awards people for their unique talent. Talent that is rare and honed through practice and sacrifice. Talent that maybe you and I don't have. The same goes for a professor with special knowledge and is handsomely awarded. Stop being narrow minded and a hater. There is obviously a demand for it, maybe more than you would like to believe. Your priorities for how government funds, deserving or not deserving, are distributed are not solely your own. BTW, stingy is a good description of Taiwan citizens as it relates to taxes.
March 13, 2013    ludahai_twn@
These athletes are representing the country and wearing its uniform. The way Taiwan's marathon runner and cyclist were treated in last year's Olympics was absolutely disgraceful. So often, Taiwanese ask why Taiwan fails miserably on the international sporting stage while Korea is often very successful as Asia's number two sporting power despite also not being a very large country. There is definitely a lack of support for elite athletes in this country.
March 14, 2013    hal_hal@
@olichu, I am sure you have been an outstanding and generous citizen who has been voluntarily paying more taxes than required. Am I right? If not, you have no right to be so patronizing and arrogant.

As a medical professional, I resent the fact that you athletes lot use up resources so disproportionally high when compared with the rest that is ridiculous.
March 14, 2013    ludahai_twn@
hal_hal@ wrote:
@olichu, I am sure you have been an outstanding and generous citizen who has been voluntarily paying more taxes than required. Am I right? If not, you have no right to be so patronizing and arrogant.

As a medical professional, I resent the fact that you athletes lot use up resources so disproportionally high when compared with the rest that is ridiculous.
Wow! This response is almost as amusing as one of Carltanong's ranting. I am a high-level age group athlete in distance running and duathlon/triathlon. I can guarantee you that I use far fewer medical resources than your typical 42-year-old male. Perhaps your ranting and righteous anger is better directed at smokers and the obese.
March 15, 2013    Olichu@
@hal Hal, Alas, a reply from the citizen that is upset about having to pay taxes and believes as a medical professional he/she pays more than their share compared to the average citizen.

Firstly, who in their right mind would voluntarily pay more taxes than needed, Presidents don't even do that. So no, I don't pay more than I need to and yes I can be patronizing because Taiwanese pay one of the lowest tax rates, yet complain about what very little they receive back from the government. But that is a different topic.

Secondly, I am not a professional athlete, there is a difference.

Lastly, one of the biggest uses of government funds is universal healthcare. So I don't see what your resentment is towards. There should be resentment towards your profession because medical costs are so high that the nation, as a whole, decided to subsidize and regulate the cost, so ordinary citizens can have affordable basic healthcare. Even though it is sub par care, unless one pays privately. Otherwise, average citizens would be shxt out of luck. Yeah your share of the pie is not disproportionally high?!? Anyways, way off topic. Take care.
March 15, 2013    freeman70@
I agree with hal_hal . Sports and cultural program funding come second to education and health care spending. The amount of money wasted on entertainment at the expense on real necessities in the world today is an outrage. People will spend thousands of dollars on entertainment but baulk at paying just a little more for health insurance. Let the fans pay full price. Why should my tax dollars go to support special interests? We really need funding for sports and exercise programs in public schools.
March 15, 2013    hal_hal@
Olichu@ wrote:
@hal Hal, Alas, a reply from the citizen that is upset about having to pay taxes and believes as a medical professional he/she pays more than their share compared to the average citizen.

Firstly, who in their right mind would voluntarily pay more taxes than needed, Presidents don't even do that. So no, I don't pay more than I need to and yes I can be patronizing because Taiwanese pay one of the lowest tax rates, yet complain about what very little they receive back from the government. But that is a different topic.

Secondly, I am not a professional athlete, there is a difference.

Lastly, one of the biggest uses of government funds is universal healthcare. So I don't see what your resentment is towards. There should be resentment towards your profession because medical costs are so high that the nation, as a whole, decided to subsidize and regulate the cost, so ordinary citizens can have affordable basic healthcare. Even though it is sub par care, unless one pays privately. Otherwise, average citizens would be shxt out of luck. Yeah your share of the pie is not disproportionally high?!? Anyways, way off topic. Take care.
You are patronising because you are arrogant. Check you facts. The Taiwanese tax rates are amongst the top 40% or so worldwide. Individual tax rates are higher than many countries such as the US, South Korea, Singapore, New Zealand and Finland. Get your facts straight. Check you choice of words while at it.

Since when one can claim he is a tennis player when he is not a pro. So now you say you are not a professional athlete. Only after you were caught. There is a difference?! Get real.

Of course you are not a professional athlete. I knew that from the get go. If you were a pro, you would know how much immediate medical resources your fellow pro colleagues rack up. That amount does not even include the massive ongoing cost after a short career. Compared to a non-athlete, the difference is night and day.

Nice try for attempting to deflect the heat by changing the subject. Sub par care? Ask around. Around the world of medical experts that is, not joe blokes like you. They will tell you that the quality of Taiwan's health care system is high and far more affordable than many countries.

My share of pie? What? You have hacked into my tax department's file? If you did, you would know that my income comes from the public sector, and I do volunteer work as well as donating money to charities.

Off topic? You absolutely have.

Maybe one day you will grow up and realize how you ignorant your comments have been.
March 15, 2013    NeeKu@
@Olichu,

You are incredibly patronizing, and you have no right to be so. You attacked other people and a nation. Clearly you despise Taiwanese and Taiwan. Why don't you shut the hell up and go home to wherever you come from.
March 16, 2013    Y_Lin@
Olichu,

So you are a fraud then, calling yourself an athlete when you are not one.

When where is your evidence of sub par care in Taiwan? None. Only your narrow-minded and prejudiced view.

Then you went on and accuse someone else greedy. Again, no evidence.

When has basic roading or other social services become less important than supporting your own agenda and sporting hobby? Yes, I wrote and meant a hobby. You are not an athlete after all.

All you have done is complaining and attacking. This is just a typical behaviour of someone who has an anger issue or a superiority complex syndrome.
March 21, 2013    ludahai_twn@
@Y-Lin - so, in your book only those who are professional are athletes? You are truly narrow-minded.
March 22, 2013    olichu@
@hal hal, @y.lin, @Neeku...I seem to have struck a nerve with you guys by speaking the truth. Good someone needs to tell the truth. There is no need for foul language @Neeku.

Sub par care is apparent when you visit any clinic or hospital in Taiwan. The doctors don't even look at you, no bed side manners, nor attentively listen to your concerns, and lastly prescribe unnecessary medicines, and misdiagnose. I have experienced the low standard of care compared to other developed nations, that Taiwanese receive. Most Taiwanese just learn to accept the low quality of care.

I say this because my parents are doctors educated in Taiwan, as well as the US. My grandfather was doctor in Taiwan, educated in Japan. My uncle is the president of a hospital in Taiwan and my aunt is a pharmacist in Taiwan. How is that as credential for my experiences! It is a joke. All the doctors and nurses I've spoken to including family agree but can't do anything about it.

Interestingly, I am a Tennis player. I was a Division 1 collegiate college tennis player and football player, Ivy League. How did you know that? I am being stalked. Multiple research has shown what is common sense, that there is a link that athletes, sports, etc.. are healthier or lead to healthier living; thus, is less of a burden on health care costs.

Anybody can wiki? Great research. 40% is max with a low of 6% percent. Come on. A good portion of Taiwanese don't even pay taxes. You can deny all you want but the truth is a lot of people don't pay or report their income, especially easy for them to get away with since everybody pays in cash.

I am not arrogant but confident, maybe more than you guys feel comfortable with. If it comes across as patronizing, then I am. But your feeling of my arrogance isn't really my problem, but yours. Confidence is something that some Taiwanese people are lacking. @y_lin, There is no anger issue here. Just frustration with how Taiwan is just one big contradiction of itself regarding many issues.
March 23, 2013    mallorylamanna@
This place seems to be full of narcissists of late.

For what is worth, playing sports at non-professional levels doesn't make one an athlete. This seems clear. Just as I enjoy photography and have earned a few minor club awards does not make me a photographer.

Generalizing all Taiwanese clinics and doctors sub par is equally ridiculous. As for Taiwan being a big contradiction, think about this. You claim a lot of your family members are in health care. When you said 'The doctors don't even look at you, no bed side manners, nor attentively listen to your concerns, and lastly prescribe unnecessary medicines, and misdiagnose', I hope you included your family as well.

Some people.
March 23, 2013    mallorylamanna@
As for a good portion of Taiwanese don't even pay taxes? Where is your evidence? If you can't produce any, you are only showing your unjustified hostility towards others. Nothing more, nothing less.
March 25, 2013    ludahai_twn@
@mallorylamanna - I don't know what your definition of athlete is, but if you were to look at my trophy case with the multitude of awards I have won as a runner, duathlete, and triathlete, I would challenge you to come to my face and tell me I am not an athlete. You need to broaden your mind.
March 26, 2013    olichu@
@mallory...
“playing sports non-professionally is not an athlete” That is the most nonsensical statement ever, wow you obviously don’t have a passion for sports. I guess there is a degree to labeling someone an athlete; thus, a threshold as to when you can be labeled something. If you want to draw comparisons, as to when a photographer can be a photographer then when do you draw the line? Someone who takes a family picture once a year, or someone who buys a DSLR, or a paparazzi, or someone who sells one picture, or someone who wins club awards, or someone who sells one million in photos. There is no quantifiable threshold. It is a passion for photography that makes you a photographer, right? From your accomplishments, I wouldn't have a problem calling you a photographer.

Yes, some of my family members are guilty of bad bed side manners, that would be my father and Uncle. They are the worst. They are the typical, non-social, stern faced doctors that I am referring to. They are the traditional Taiwan educated doctors.

If I must state the obvious, and do the work for you guys. I really don’t want to have to do the work. Just look at your economic facts. I’ll display them for you.

0-14 years: 14.7%
15-24 years: 13.9%
25-54 years: 47.9%
55-64 years: 12.2%
65 years and over: 11.3%

Tax Brackets (Unit NT$)Rate (%)
0 - 500,000 5%
500,001 - 1,130,000 12%
1,130,001 - 2,260,000 20%
2,260,001 - 4,230,000 30%
4,230,001 and over 40%

Population 23M

Gross Rev. from Tax 60B

Median Income: Let’s say 40,000NT, It is more than what is stated, but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Unemployment rate: 4.3 (seriously understated but let us just use what is stated)

Working class: [[48%+(20%of 15-24 age)+(50%of 55-64 age) – (unemployment 4.5%)] x population]

Then, Gross revenue and divide by working class, then divide by the median income. That gives you a good portion of those that contribute. With those paying only 5.0% to 6.0%, that is if everybody able to work reports income.

Of course there are those that make more than the median income, so you can adjust for that but it is only a small portion of the gross tax revenue.

Then who makes up such a large portion of the gross tax revenue, domestic companies, foreign companies, foreign contract workers (cuz they all pay taxes, north Americans, Thai, Filipinos, Vietnamese, etc), Foreigners who hold properties in Taiwan. Of course Foreign companies and Domestic companies make up the largest portion of this. Not the generous tax paying citizens everybody proposes.

Now I am tired of having to explain. Assumptions were made and, of course this is just a model.
March 26, 2013    carcasonne@
@ Olichu

Not an athlete, but still athletic.

If your family has such a medical pedigree as you claim, I need to go to your uncle's hospital from now on; further, I will get my prescriptions from your aunt. You've sold me on this.

But what if they turn out to be like ... After all, you did write "Sub par care is apparent when you visit any clinic or hospital in Taiwan."

Has anyone heard of athletes’' chronic physical and psychological disorder? A few former NFL players have gone so far as to shoot themselves (Junior Seau comes to mind.). Some former NHL players still suffer from mental problems resulting from blows after blows to their heads.

A writer's confidence can be sensed when reading between the lines. Rare is a talented writer who succeeds in effacing that confidence.
March 26, 2013    Upwell@
Reading all the comments, and indeed it is a hot topic, I wonder if we are just getting personal and thereby missing the bigger picture. The issue remains to my kind the same. Playing sports etc and paying for it or supporting these with hard to come by tax payers money (leaving aside whether Taiwanese pay enough tax or otherwise) against supporting the poor, elderly etc and the needy who suffer and strive for a living least of all, thinking about sports or going to airports to welcome these heroes. Like a family a nation has limited resources. Use these wisely and with a balance. Surely a wise nation can find a balance. I thought that was the issue. Or am I wrong?
March 27, 2013    mallorylamanna@
That's the most ridiculous, nonsensical model and calculation I have ever come across. You have shown absolutely nothing to back up your claim.

As for you being tired of having to explain, don't make outrageous claims that you can back up then.

Yes, you used plenty of assumptions. Plenty.

Recently, I checked with a few of my Australian friends who have won a few triathlons each, including one who is a PE teacher and one who has an age group award in a 154 km bike race. They unanimously and separately told me they are not athletes.

@ludahai_twn, I would challenge you to come to my face and explain why you should be an athlete. You need to broaden your mind and have more modesty.

No, I am not a photographer. Not even remotely. Just as I have maintained a first aid certificate for years does not make me a medic. This is precisely the reason that there are laws to stop people from calming themselves to be in certain professions. Their egos get the best of them.

I have never met your family, and don't know what they are like. What I do know is that I have had the privilege of being treated by some of the best doctors I have ever come across. I was treated with respect and courtesy, and the medical care was as on par with what I normally receive overseas. Mind you, I treat them with respect from the get go.
March 27, 2013    mallorylamanna@
Better still, ludahai_twn, go to Australia and say it to their faces. On a good day they will have laugh at you in your face. On a bad day, they will beat the cr@p out of you and put you back in your place.
March 27, 2013    olichu@
@mallory..

Like talking to a rock....You asked for proof. I gave it to you. Do the simple math before stating that it is not evidence, or as you say 'back it up'. As if you’re driving a truck, please?!? Or do I need to carrot and stick you the logic behind the economic data?

Yes, models are based on assumptions.

Well, I tried. I offered an olive branch. It was my mistake to call you a photographer.
March 27, 2013    ludahai_twn@
@mallorylamanna - I have competed against Australians and beaten some of them...
March 30, 2013    ludahai_twn@
@Mallorylamanna - you are being so childish on here. Do you know the English language?

noun
A person trained or gifted in exercises or contests involving physical agility, stamina, or strength; a participant in a sport, exercise, or game requiring physical skill.

By any standard, I meet that definition. Are you jealous because you don't? Have you ever won prize money in sports? Have you ever received an athletic scholarship? Didn't think so. You do not know of which you speak... are you related to Carltanong?
April 2, 2013    donnacoke@
Indeed Carcasonne. Being athletic does not make one an athlete. Far from it in fact. Also, I read somewhere, an article by a forensic physician if my memory serves me correctly, that the injuries athletes sustain have a long lasting effect, physically and psychologically. They persist long after their retirement.

Upwell, I agree with you that some are simply over confident, arrogant, childish and demanding. In the mean time, real attention is diverted from those who need it the most.

olichu, the O.P. already stated that he does not consider himself a photography. What is your point? Your calculations do seem off, and offer nothing concrete to support your statements with regards to sub par medical care or Taiwanese pay one of the lowest tax rates. Also, how many people under 18 worldwide pay taxes? Looking at the way you misrepresented the figures above, it makes one laugh.

As for ludahai_twn, it is apparent that you are the one who is childish here. The O.P. has a good command of English. You unnecessary attacks only show your self-righteousness.
April 2, 2013    mallorylamanna@
@ludahai_twn

Do you know the English language? If you did, you would have understood that even my Australian friends who have accomplished so much as I have written above don't consider themselves as athletes.

So what you have beaten some Aussis? You have finished 7990th out of 8000 and still claimed you had beaten some of them. Big deal.

'You do not know of which you speak...' What the heck does that sentence even mean? That is yet more evidence of your amateurish English. The question is, 'Do you 'really' know the English language?'
April 2, 2013    ludahai_twn@
Totally comical here. People don't seem to understand that there are many kinds of athletes...

No one on here has claimed to be a professional athlete. There are amateur athletes, college athletes, student athletes, semi-pro athletes, etc. By saying that only pro athletes are 'athletes' shows a basic and fundamental lack of understanding of the English language.

And Mallorylamanna, do you have to create false situations to make a point? I finished second in a field of 1500 in a race a little more than a week ago. Try again...
April 3, 2013    olichu@
@donna..@mallory..

It is apparent that you guys feel left out of the conversation and want to join our interesting discussion. Yet instead of contributing, you are seeking to argue, Quien es mucho macho?!? Who uses bigger words?!? Who can find grammatical errors?!? Who has full command of the English language?!? Seriously, spare me!

You people are grossly misinformed and link a cause and effect / association where it doesn't warrant one. Scale wise, cultural wise, physically, medical treatment, etc. athletic injuries in the US study doesn't apply to Taiwan. Again, look at your country wide medical statistics, use facts instead of conjectures, medical stats of athletic injuries in Taiwan are few and far. Even with a few Taiwan sports injuries doesn't even put a dent in sovereign funds. This argument is a joke. You guys are good examples of people that make improper cause and effect arguments.

Instead of arguing for argument sake, look at the facts. It's 20% of the 15 to 24 age group. @ donna..Open your eyes! I included more of the demographics. I am giving Taiwan the benefit of the doubt. With a population of 24 million, and 60 billion in annual gross tax revenue. With approximately 50% of the population paying taxes. Citizens pay approximately 10% of the gross, plus or minus 3%. That is a total of 6.0 billion. Make necessary adjustments to your calc for those with higher income, property tax, etc.

You guys are prime examples of why Taiwan government can't get anything done. Taiwan can't even bring back athletes after competing for their country because of people like you. Seriously, a few thousand dollars used to support athletes that represent your Taiwan and raise the moral of Taiwanese citizens can't be accomplished without someone complaining about the gross mismanagement of sovereign funds. Yeah, putting up a few welcome back or good job posters is a huge burden on taxpayers (sarcasm for those that don't get it). Ridiculous! Yeah, so my original point that stingy citizens beget stingy government is PROVEN! The funny thing is that I didn't even support using tax money. My original argument was in support of athletes by private companies.
April 3, 2013    hal_hal@
What is comical here is how some people can't seem to realize how idiotic and snobby they are. Some people.

Who gives a toss about what you claim you have personally achieved. You are not an athlete. Full stop.

Try again...
April 4, 2013    olichu@
@donna...@hal... @mall... @car...

Only those that are wrong or those that are defensive accuse others of being arrogant, etc. Vice versa, the people whom are right, accuse the idiots as stubborn. When talking to idiots, anything or anybody correct comes off as arrogant and patronizing. Instead of admitting that they are wrong or relent, or even contributing to a productive discussion about the topic, the idiot and memes' attack the person. Those that attack on a personal level lack social skills to communicate intelligently. From the get go of this discussion, no one made it personal until Hal started his rant. Whereby, the memes' followed

@donna...

You supported my claim without even knowing it. The majority of 18 years old don't report or pay taxes.
April 10, 2013    miller.henry641@
olichu@ - good points all.

Board has its share of trolls. Sad...just sad.
April 10, 2013    donnacoke@
@olichu Only the dimmed witted or bullies who are unable to properly respond when others fight back expect people to not defend themselves or in others' honor. Also, idiots can't comprehend how slow they are. From the get go you got personal and attacked Taiwanese citizens. Yet, you provided nothing to support your claim. Your so-called calculations are pathetic at best, showing you lack understanding of economics, not to mention your ability to intelligently deduce research figures. Furthermore, drawing the conclusion about the entire Taiwan taxation and economics based on the income of 18 year olds is beyond hilarious.

You have PROVEN nothing but how presumptuous and prejudicial you are.

Sad... just sad.
Try again.
April 11, 2013    carltanong@
ludahai_twn@ wrote:
@Mallorylamanna - you are being so childish on here. Do you know the English language?

noun
A person trained or gifted in exercises or contests involving physical agility, stamina, or strength; a participant in a sport, exercise, or game requiring physical skill.

By any standard, I meet that definition. Are you jealous because you don't? Have you ever won prize money in sports? Have you ever received an athletic scholarship? Didn't think so. You do not know of which you speak... are you related to Carltanong?
@ludahai_nippon(twn).
I'm surprised that in your last sentence. You must be taken your medicine again....

For what u write here. There is no surprise to every reader that u lie. Not honest. WHY?
_A athlete never insulted innocent people in the back. (Wu's parent)
_A athlete should open the guideline to all participants before the tournament begin.

But u failed to do so. How can u be a marathon runner and beat the Australian?

All your trophies u mention here were all questionable. U might brought them from the sport shop by yourself. What a joke you make.
April 13, 2013    coolie@
@olichu

Only those who are compensating for whatever problems they have elsewhere provoke others whenever they can. Only idiots expect people to not fight back. You are the first person to attack others, on a grand stand scale at that. As for communication skills, yours is sub par. Your posts are nothing but rants and rambling that are illogical and grammatically incorrect.

@ludahai_twn You only need to look in the mirror to see who is childish, and self-righteous and full of anger and hatred.
April 13, 2013    EE_Carr@
donnacoke@ wrote:
@olichu Only the dimmed witted or bullies who are unable to properly respond when others fight back expect people to not defend themselves or in others' honor. Also, idiots can't comprehend how slow they are. From the get go you got personal and attacked Taiwanese citizens. Yet, you provided nothing to support your claim. Your so-called calculations are pathetic at best, showing you lack understanding of economics, not to mention your ability to intelligently deduce research figures. Furthermore, drawing the conclusion about the entire Taiwan taxation and economics based on the income of 18 year olds is beyond hilarious.

You have PROVEN nothing but how presumptuous and prejudicial you are.

Sad... just sad.
Try again.
Agreed. Olichu and ludahai_twn are revolting. They unjustifiably attacked others. When people decide to be the bigger men and ignore them, they criticized them. When people did respond, they criticized more and slammed them with their out of left field logic and so-called facts and proofs, which are nothing but irrationally and randomly pieced together bits. They then followed up with more rhetoric and insults. All the while they implied that they had superior communication skills and intelligence when, in fact, showed precisely the opposite. A prime example is the following: 'Whereby, the memes' followed'. That does not even sound like English.
April 16, 2013    Olichu@
@donna, @ee...,@coolie

Why do people like you feel the need to comment about comments? These threads are for people to comment on the article, but people like you use it to comment on comments. Instead of contributing to the discussion, you nit pick mine and other people's comments. Then you copy our verbiage s and use it as your own. Your idiotic statements speak volumes about your lack of connected brain cells. @coolie....ever heard of a dictionary? Or is that too much of an effort? Grow a brain, then we'll talk.
April 17, 2013    lordCam@
@Olichu

Why do you need to attack others and expect others to take the abuse? Talk about a lack of brain cells, just look at yourself first. What is 'nit pick'? Learn to use a dictionary then may be we'll talk.
Write a Comment
CAPTCHA Code Image
Type in image code
Change the code
 Receive China Post promos
 Respond to this email
 Taiwan says no to pork; US to try again 
Pitcher Lo Ching-lung, of Taiwan's Chinese Taipei baseball team, is warmly welcomed by sports fans upon arrival at Taipei International Airport, yesterday. Lo thanked fans for their strong support and said he was not bothered by arrangements which saw team members return to Taiwan separately. Some players are set to return today. (CNA)

Enlarge Photo
Subscribe  |   Advertise  |   RSS Feed  |   About Us  |   Career  |   Contact Us
Sitemap  |   Top Stories  |   Taiwan  |   China  |   Business  |   Asia  |   World  |   Sports  |   Life  |   Arts & Leisure  |   Health  |   Editorial  |   Commentary
Travel  |   Movies  |   TV Listings  |   Classifieds  |   Bookstore  |   Getting Around  |   Weather  |   Guide Post  |   Student Post  |   Terms of Use  |   Sitemap
  chinapost search