Breaking News, World News and Taiwan News.
Sunday Post Sample PDF
Subscribe Sunday Post
 
 
Taiwan Topics
  Analysis    Arts & Leisure    Business    
  China-Taiwan Relations    Foreign Affairs    
  Local    National    Foreign Community    
 
 
Friday, January 30, 2015
Taiwan -- NDC chief resigns, to be replaced by Duh
The Executive Yuan announced late last night that the resignation of National Development Council (NDC, 國發會) Minister Kuan Chung-ming (管中閔) was accepted by Premier Mao Chih-kuo (毛治國) and Minister without Portfolio Duh Tyzz-jiun (杜紫軍) will take over Kuan's position.
Taipei City passed a proposal to hike Greater Taipei taxi rates by 14 percent yesterday after the committee's fifth and final meeting since starting discussions in May 2014.
Taipei Mayor Ko Wen-je (柯文哲) said yesterday that both Taiwan and China could consider the possibilities of expanding the Taipei-Shanghai City Forum into an annual cross-strait forum, to which Chinese authorities once again reiterated the so-called “1992 Consensus.”
With all the changes implemented within the Kuomintang (KMT) since former Chairman Ma Ying-jeou's (馬英九) resignation, the recent announcement of KMT Chairman Eric Chu's (朱立倫) upcoming role as the party's think tank chairman can also be added to the long list of ongoing modifications.
An approaching cold air mass is likely to bring the mercury down in northern and northeastern Taiwan from Friday, and increasing moisture is expected to cause showers in those regions, the Central Weather Bureau (CWB) said Thursday.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) urged the public Thursday to get their infants and young children vaccinated against pertussis as more cases are being found in Taiwan, many in family clusters.
Taiwan -- COA distributes NT$560 mil. in subsidies
The Council of Agriculture's (COA, 農委會) Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine (BAPHIQ) announced yesterday that in order to support farmers hurt by the recent bird flu epidemic, the central government will subsidize 95 percent of farmers' losses in the five most affected counties: Changhua, Yunlin, Chiayi, Tainan and Pingtung. The remaining 5 percent will be covered by local governments. In other counties, the COA will subsidize 90 percent and local governments will cover the remaining 10 percent.
A new 1,000-ton vessel yesterday was commissioned by the Coast Guard Administration (CGA) in Kaohsiung to boost the nation's capability for sea patrols and rescue missions.
The Criminal Investigation Bureau (CIB) recently issued a warning to Taiwanese nationals against the so-called 419 scams that have conned thousands of victims around the world for years.
Thursday, January 29, 2015
Taiwan -- Ting Hsin owner out on NT$100 mil. bail
The Taipei District Court yesterday released former Ting Hsin Oil & Fat Industrial Co. (頂新製油實業) Chairman Wei Ying-chung (魏應充) on bail of NT$100 million after Wei was detained and indicted for alleged fraud and using inedible oil in cooking oil as well as food products.
1 Comment
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
1
  
< Prev
   Calendar  
Sitemap | Top Stories | Taiwan | China | Business | Asia | World | Sports | Life | Arts & Leisure | Health | Editorial | Commentary | Travel | Movies | TV Listings
Classifieds | Bookstore | Getting Around | Weather | Guide Post | Student Post | English Courses | Subscribe | Advertise | About Us | Career | Contact Us
Copyright © 1999 – 2015 The China Post. Breaking news from Taiwan, China and the world.
The China Post  Terms of use