Knife attack leaves four dead in southwest China: media
AFPBEIJING--A man wielding a knife killed four people during a stabbing spree in China, state media reported Monday, the latest in a series of such attacks in the country.
August 27, 2013, 12:04 am TWN
The man was said to have “hacked passengers on a bus” in Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province, on Sunday night during an attack which also saw 11 others injured, Xinhua said Monday.
He then got off the bus and targeted people on the street before police opened fire and overpowered him, the state-run news agency said.
Reports late on Sunday initially said three people had been killed.
The 41-year-old suspect told police that he had “worked as migrant worker elsewhere and has financial disputes with his family members,” Xinhua said.
A 10-year-old girl was among those wounded in the incident, China Central Television reported, according to Xinhua. The victims were not believed to be linked to the dispute.