Court in Bahrain rejects medics' last rally appeal
AFPDUBAI--Bahrain's highest court on Monday rejected the final appeal by nine medics against their convictions linked to anti-regime protests last year and upheld their jail terms, the government said.
October 2, 2012, 11:13 am TWN
“The court of cassation ... has rejected the appeals and upheld the previous court's convictions and sentences of the nine accused,” said a government statement citing deputy attorney general Abdulrahman al-Sayyed.
The medics were part of a group of 20 doctors and nurses who worked at Manama's Salmaniya Medical Complex during the February 2011 Shiite-led uprising against the kingdom's ruling Sunni dynasty.