The following items for which the amount(s) from a source in the ROC are included in the calculation of the amount of basic income are:
- Net taxable income
The net taxable income is calculated in accordance with the Income Tax Act (please refer to the Individual Income Tax Return).
- Life and annuity insurance payments
Insurance payments received by the beneficiary, on condition that the beneficiary and the proposer are not the same person and that the life insurance policy and annuities are contracted after this Act came into force. However, in the case of payment made upon the death of the insured person, the part of which aggregate of payments made in a filing unit is equal to or less than NT$30,000,000 may be excluded from the basic income in a calendar year.
- Income derived from transactions of securities
- Share certificates, certificates of entitlement to new shares, stock share payment certificates and documents of title to any of the securities issued or placed privately by a company that is not listed in a stock exchange or traded in the over-the-counter market.
- Beneficiary certificates of privately placed securities investment trust funds.
- Non-cash donations or contributions
The amount of non-cash donations or contributions deducted from the gross consolidated income of the individual income tax return.
- The amount of balance of the market value in excess of the par value of newly-issued registered share certificates acquired by employees. The market value refers to the price on the date next to the acquisition day of newly-issued registered share certificates acquired by employees under Article 19-1 of the Statute for Upgrading Industry.
|<< Prev Q&A Menu Next >>