Breaking News, World News and Taiwan News.
Q&A: Filing Income Tax in Taiwan as a Foreigner 中文
Bookmark options     Print            Email   
Source: Taipei National Tax Administration, Ministry of Finance Last Update: April 16, 2008
2) What would happen if an alien individual does not file income tax? 中文

An alien should file his or her income tax if he or she has an ROC source of income. Aliens no longer need a tax certificate issued by tax authorities as per the revised IMMIGRATION LAW before leaving the territory of the ROC.
In such case as an alien may be delinquent in the payment of taxes, such taxes will be charged a penalty rate of a maximum of three times the amount of the tax payable and the tax authorities will inform the Bureau of Immigration of the necessity of the examination of the tax certificate of such taxpayer, with such person being allowed to leave the ROC upon paying of all delinquent taxes and on receipt of a tax certificate issued by the tax authorities.
<< Prev   Q&A Menu   Next >>
Sitemap | Top Stories | Taiwan | China | Business | Asia | World | Sports | Life | Arts & Leisure | Health | Editorial | Commentary | Travel | Movies | TV Listings
Classifieds | Bookstore | Getting Around | Weather | Guide Post | Student Post | Subscribe | Advertise | About Us | Career | Contact Us
Copyright © 1999 – 2016 The China Post. Breaking news from Taiwan, China and the world.
The China Post  Terms of use