Breaking News, World News and Taiwan News.
Q&A: Filing Income Tax in Taiwan as a Foreigner 中文
Bookmark options  Print            Email 
Source: Taipei National Tax Administration, Ministry of Finance Last Update: April 16, 2008

19) How can an alien resident of the ROC and his or her spouse calculate the tax due on their
      salaries separately while filing jointly? 中文

All income of an alien resident, his or her spouse, and their dependents filing jointly should be filed jointly by the taxpayer on one return. While the taxpayer may choose to calculate tax due on the salary income of a taxpayer or his or her spouse and then combine that tax due with the taxpayer’s own when filing their joint return, only the exemption and special deduction of the salary/wage income of the person whose salary income is computed separately can be claimed when calculating the tax due on salary/wage income computed separately.
<< Prev   Q&A Menu   Next >>
Sitemap | Top Stories | Taiwan | China | Business | Asia | World | Sports | Life | Arts & Leisure | Health | Editorial | Commentary | Travel | Movies | TV Listings
Classifieds | Bookstore | Getting Around | Weather | Guide Post | Student Post | Subscribe | Advertise | About Us | Career | Contact Us
Copyright © 1999 – 2016 The China Post. Breaking news from Taiwan, China and the world.
The China Post  Terms of use