Breaking News, World News and Taiwan News.
Q&A: Filing Income Tax in Taiwan as a Foreigner 中文
Bookmark options  Print            Email 
Source: Taipei National Tax Administration, Ministry of Finance Last Update: April 16, 2008
18) What special deductions can the taxpayer claim for tuition? 中文

A taxpayer may claim a maximum deduction of NT$25,000 for his or her children claimed in his or her return attending a college or university recognized by the ROC Ministry of Education.
The taxpayer cannot claim a special deduction for children attending an open university, an open junior college, or a five-year junior college for the first three years of tuition, or if his or her children have received governmental subsidies or scholarships.
A photocopy of payment receipt or payment certificate issued by college or university is needed for clarification.
<< Prev   Q&A Menu   Next >>
Sitemap | Top Stories | Taiwan | China | Business | Asia | World | Sports | Life | Arts & Leisure | Health | Editorial | Commentary | Travel | Movies | TV Listings
Classifieds | Bookstore | Getting Around | Weather | Guide Post | Student Post | Subscribe | Advertise | About Us | Career | Contact Us
Copyright © 1999 – 2016 The China Post. Breaking news from Taiwan, China and the world.
The China Post  Terms of use