Breaking News, World News and Taiwan News.
Q&A: Filing Income Tax in Taiwan as a Foreigner 中文
Bookmark options      Print            Email 
Source: Taipei National Tax Administration, Ministry of Finance Last Update: April 16, 2008
16) Can a taxpayer claim an itemized deduction for rental expense? 中文

A taxpayer, his or her spouse, and their lineal dependents filing jointly renting dwellings in the ROC for the family to live in (not for business use) may deduct the rental expense from his or her annual gross income with a limit of not more than NT$120,000; however, no deduction can be claimed if he or she also claims the Deduction for Mortgage Interest Paid on a Loan For an Owner Occupied Dwelling. To deduct the rental expense, the following documents must be attached:
  1. Copy of lease contract and payment receipt (such as receipt from landlord, ATM receipt or remittance paper).

  2. The certificate of a family member who has registered his or her residence in the dwelling for the year, or the taxpayer’s written statement to state that the house is for living only.
<< Prev   Q&A Menu   Next >>
Sitemap | Top Stories | Taiwan | China | Business | Asia | World | Sports | Life | Arts & Leisure | Health | Editorial | Commentary | Travel | Movies | TV Listings
Classifieds | Bookstore | Getting Around | Weather | Guide Post | Student Post | Subscribe | Advertise | About Us | Career | Contact Us
Copyright © 1999 – 2016 The China Post. Breaking news from Taiwan, China and the world.
The China Post  Terms of use