Saturday, October 8, 2011
A subway crash in Shanghai that injured nearly 300 people resulted from negligence, inadequate training and faulty installation of backup power systems, the city's safety agency said. It announced penalties for a dozen subway employees.
Monday, October 3, 2011
When students of Shanghai Luwan No. 1 Central Primary School come to school in November, some will no longer have to watch the blackboard. Instead, their eyes will be directed toward brand-new Apple iPads given by the school.
Friday, September 30, 2011
Shanghai's metro operator came under fresh fire Thursday, with Chinese media saying a crash that injured more than 280 people was an “embarrassment” to the company.2 Comments
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Two metro trains collided in Shanghai on Tuesday, injuring more than 240 people, the system operator said, just months after a deadly high-speed rail crash that shocked China.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
China has ordered the closure of a solar panel plant in the east of the country after hundreds of local residents staged violent protests over pollution, authorities said Monday.
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Shanghai's environmental watchdog ordered two factories in its suburbs to halt production pending an investigation into the source of lead poisoning among children in a nearby village.
Friday, September 16, 2011
Families living in one of Shanghai's many industrial suburbs say their children are suffering from lead poisoning from nearby factories and recycling facilities.
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Under fire for oil spills off China's eastern coast, ConocoPhillips says it has finished collecting virtually all oil and drilling mud released into Bohai Bay, meeting a deadline to finish its cleanup by Tuesday.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Tropical Storm Nanmadol lashed China Tuesday, forcing tens of thousands of boats back to harbor and causing the cancellation of dozens of flights, officials and state media said.
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Eleven people in China have died and about 140 have fallen ill after consuming vinegar stored in plastic barrels that once contained antifreeze, officials and state media said Monday.1 Comment