App
International Edition

Tuesday

February, 28, 2017

Breaking News, World News and Taiwan News.
About Us
Subscribe
Advertise
Contact Us
 
portofhamburg
Business Topics
  Global Markets    Asia    Americas    Europe
  Middle East    Africa    CEO Talks    
 
 
Business > Company Focus
Samsung delays its new phone, showcases tablets instead
Samsung's product showcase Sunday is notable for what's missing: a new flagship phone.
 
Fancy a game of 'Snake?': Nokia relaunches iconic 3310
Finnish brand Nokia, a former mobile star, on Sunday launched three new Android smartphones and unveiled a revamped version of its iconic 3310 model more than a decade after it was phased out.
 
MediaTek is partnering with Nokia to standardize fifth-generation (5G) technology, the Taiwanese tech giant announced Monday at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
 
Late department store chairman Albert Boscov is being remembered at a memorial service in Reading, Pennsylvania, as an energetic businessman, a caring person and a tireless cheerleader for the city he loved.
 
LED-maker Lite-On breaks net profit record
LED manufacturer Lite-On Technology posted a record net profit of NT$9.42 billion last year, company officials said during an earnings conference on Friday.
 
UPS tests residential delivery via drone launched from truck
UPS announced on Feb. 22 that it had successfully tested a drone that launches from the top of a UPS package car, autonomously delivers a package to a home and then returns to the vehicle while the delivery driver continues along the route to make a separate delivery.
 
Taiflex Scientific Co., Ltd. (8039-TW), a provider of flexible copper-clad laminate (FCCL) for upstream clients and a manufacturer of solar backing sheets, has received an operating license for a new factory in Kaohsiung. The company is expected to spend NT$600 million in capital expenditures this year. However, given its reservations regarding the continued high potential of the mobile phone market, it will not be expanding its FCCL production line.
 
Tollbooth diplomacy
Officials from a total of 10 countries, including the U.S., Mexico and India, toured Taiwan's electronic toll collection (ETC) system during the 2017 Smart City Summit. The foreign officials said they were impressed with the electronic toll system and highly interested in collaborating with Taiwan on the technology.
 
The Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE) plans to hold five seminars on corporate governance in a bid to launch a discussion on how listed companies might improve their operations.
 
Rebranding Tigerair Taiwan
This screenshot provided by Tigerair Taiwan shows its new website, which launches March 1. The airline was previously a joint venture between China Airlines (CAL), which held a 90 percent stake, and Tiger Airways Holdings, which had the remaining 10 percent. CAL now wholly owns Tigerair after buying the 10 percent stake last year. The website is part of the airline's rebranding campaign.
 
Calendar  
  
1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    <   Prev    Next   >
Subscribe  |   Advertise  |   RSS Feed  |   About Us  |   Career  |   Contact Us
Sitemap  |   Top Stories  |   Taiwan  |   China  |   Business  |   Asia  |   World  |   Sports  |   Life  |   Arts & Leisure  |   Health  |   Editorial  |   Commentary
Travel  |   Movies  |   TV Listings  |   Classifieds  |   Bookstore  |   Getting Around  |   Weather  |   Guide Post  |   Student Post  |   Terms of Use  |   Sitemap
  chinapost search
X